Monday, February 2, 2015

Leaks and the laundry room part 2

First I need to thank my parents for helping us out.  My mom and Cassie spent the weekend working on wedding plans and dad and I worked on the house.

After finishing up the water heater Cassie and I moved the washer and dryer into our bonus room that used to be the side porch.

I had run most the drain water and electrical lines to the new laundry room area and we had decided to stack the units. On one of our Lowes runs to get a few things we looked at cabinets to go in the laundry area so we could keep the area a little cleaner.  Cassie found a set of returned cabinets 2 uppers and 2 lowers that were marked clearance.  After finding someone she made them an offer of $200 for all 4. the countered at $225.  We also scored a clearance counter top as well.

Who says you need a truck to do home improvement.


After getting everything home Cassie went for a run and hurt her ankle so the project was delayed for another week.  My parents came down to see the house, help with some of our wedding plans and get away from the cold and snow in NY for the weekend.  The girls headed off to work on wedding stuff and Dad and I finished the laundry room.  

We stacked the washer and dryer. Then added the base cabinet and counter top next to the washer.  Finally we mounted the upper cabinet.  its a little lower then a kitchen upper but it makes it a lot more usable and reachable space.


Stay tuned for part 3 and where we used the other two cabinets
~Drew~


No comments:

Post a Comment